It's part of our job to make sure that all our children are as happy, healthy and as safe as possible.
Safeguarding covers all aspects of Keeping Children Safe
First Aid & Medical Needs
The Well Being Team support children and families where there are barriers to learning: this can be problems within the school, the community or the family home and can include:
• Helping to improve self esteem
• To encourage and motivate children to do their best.
• Raise expectations
• Support to improve social skills
• Help with transitions to new schools
• To support through difficult times, (friendship problems, bereavement, family break ups)
• To be a listening ear Parent support
When working with parents:
• To signpost to agencies and courses
• To support the communication between home and school
• To support parents dealing with children’s challenging behaviour
• To work together to improve attendance and punctuality
• To provide effective communication between teachers, Parent/carers and internal or external agencies.
Children can be referred to the team by school staff or parents.
Bardsey Primary is able to signpost parents to outside agencies who can help with:
• Challenging Behaviour
• Housing Problems
• Domestic Violence
• Drugs and alcohol misuse
• Separation and Loss
• Financial difficulties
• Family Support Workers
If you are experiencing any difficulties and would like some support, you can contact us at the school, or if you have any other concerns please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or just call
For more infomation please have a look at our Child Protection and Safe Guarding Policy on the Policies page